Here I am: unhinged at the waist,
a meeting place for two fumbling
forms in the dark.
Here I am: the last rain of an otherwise
drought-filled summer, a resting place
Here you are: a mouth that the wolves
would fight over, eyes like two furnace
coals burning in my gut.
Here I am and here are you,
and here: here is where we began.
We are the generation of bruised knuckles and drunken
We are the generation of casual kisses and skin too
We are the generation of star-crossed-lovers and mismatched
We are the generation of over-trusting and
We are the generation of inappropriate notions and overused
We are the generation of ‘I love you,’ and ‘I don’t
We are the generation of useless promises and empty
We are the generation that you left
We are the generation that has got you
Poison & Wine
The Civil Wars
Oh your hands can heal, your hands can bruise
I don’t have a choice but I’d still choose you
Oh I don’t love you but I always will
Try to love yourself as much as you want someone else to.
THIS GUYS ARE JUST THE CUTEST
In some sense, I
must have been
born of the sky.
I have never hated
a star, no matter
how dim its light.
I think, sometimes,
I forget that I, too,
am a miraculous
body of matter
caught in space.
I am a smaller
kind of dying
On how expensive it is to love things:
- Bazooka Rocks III is already next weekend and I have neither the ticket nor the money to buy the ticket and it’s depressing me. If I miss this show - and it seems that I will - this will be the third Bazooka fest in a row that I will be missing. This yearly festival brings my favorite bands to town and I always miss the opportunity to watch them live. I really want to hear The Summer Set’s Legendary and You Me At Six’s Crash live, and the mere thought that I won’t be able to attend the festival kills me.
- Tickets to the Multiply tour will be in September, which is next month. Since it’s Ed Sheeran, I am assuming it will be expensive, though I am hoping that it’s not as expensive as Taylor Swift’s. I don’t want to miss his concert like I missed Taylor’s. I swear that will be heartbreaking.
- MIBF is next month and money is still non-existent.
- I’m currently updating my iBooks library and as happy as I am that these books are accessible, it makes me sad that I’m not doing this book ‘shopping’ in book stores. I still have a lot of to-be-read books - actual copies - but you know, one can never really get enough.
- Life has been really hard lately and as much as I want all these things that I love, I really can’t make more of a burden of myself than I already am. It’s hard enough as it is and I really don’t want to trouble my parents any further.
- I really can’t wait to earn my own money so I could spend on these things that I love without feeling guilty.